Your Circle plan has expired. Please renew your subscription to access your community.

Leah Olsen

MothersOfHabit.com
πŸ‘‹ πŸ‘
I'm a new blogger originally going for a health and fitness blog, but ultimately felt led to start a blog about teaching kids good habits. I have four kids ages 13-18, 3 girls and 1 boy. I'm happily married to my best friend!

Discouraged

πŸ‘‹ πŸ‘
I’m working through the Good Start Game Plan, and am currently on the lesson about finding where your avatar/audience is at. I searched through blogs, books, FB, IG, forums, and YouTube. We’re supposed to make a list of 50, and I only found about 20. I feel like I’m not finding a lot that focuses on my niche, raising kids with good habits, values, and life skills. Maybe I’m being too specific, or maybe this means that people aren’t really interested in what I’m doing, or maybe it means people need what I’m doing. I’d love to hear any thoughts or experiences you’ve had finding your avatar/audience.

Working Hours

πŸ‘‹ πŸ‘
I’ve been working with my kids to set work hours, and struggling a little to figure out how to make it work. In one of her podcasts, Misty shared an experience from another mom who posted her schedule on the door so her kids knew when she would be finished working. I loved the idea! I talked to my kids about it and they liked the idea too. We also decided that I would set a little bucket outside the door with some post it notes and pens. We did this because I don’t want to miss out on the little things they want to tell me and show me, and I know they’ll forget if they just have to wait until I’m finished working. So, we put the post it notes out there so if they have something they want to share with me they can just write it down and stick it to the door. Then when I’m finished working I can grab the post it notes and follow up with them. We just did it yesterday for the first time, and it was awesome! Hope it helps someone else in their journey.Β 
Like Comment

Good Start Game Plan - Mom's Working

πŸ‘‹ πŸ‘
Hello friends,
I just finished Lesson 5 in Module one about Mom's working.Β  I've always felt very strongly that I should be at home with my kids, and I have.Β  I've had many concerns while contemplating whether or not I should start a blog about how much time it would take from my family.Β  For the first few months, I was planning to blog about health and nutrition.Β  Recently I was inspired by my sister-in-law to shift my focus towards blogging to help Mom's build good habits in their children.Β  I have felt a night and day difference since shifting my focus.Β  I KNOW Heavenly Father wants me to do this.Β  I KNOW this is part of His plan for me, and I KNOW He will guide me to have balance as I raise my teenagers and embark on this journey.Β  My point is, that the Lord wants us to make a difference in the world.Β  The timing and path for doing that looks different for everyone, and if we follow the Holy Ghost we'll know what it looks like for us.Β  What experiences have you had balancing family and business?
Like Comment